Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Feelings


Feelings aren't all they're cracked up to be.   I can feel good and be happy when all of a sudden something happens or is said and my feelings plummet.

I find it important not to let my feeling dictate how I act or how my day is going.

I can feel rotten or upset or sad or cranky, but I still have to get up, go to work and face several children with a happy face and cheerful attitude.  It is not fair to them to see those negative feelings.

You know what?  I find that if I lead with the actions I want ( be happy, be cheerful, be calm) then my feelings usually follow.

That is the key to dealing with feelings.   At least in my case.



3 comments:

Shelly Burke said...

It's simple but effective--act the way you want to feel! When I'm friendly to others--no matter how I feel--I often cheer up myself.

Shelly from A to Z Blogging at www.nebraskafamilytimes.blogspot.com and www.achristianmomsguide.blogspot.com

betty said...

I think that is a good way to go with your feelings! A better way to approach it then to let the negative feelings control you and maybe spill onto little ones.

betty

SENCO Cat Herder said...

Teaching younger children we often tell them that when they get upset or feel bad they must stop and breathe and then make that effort to put a smile on their face and they will start to feel better :) Meeting via the A to Z Challenge - keep up the good work!
Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace