Saturday, March 7, 2015

Computer Woes

My computer is still giving me woe.  I downloaded some malware a while back and I am trying to get rid of it in the least expensive way possible.

During this time I have come to a few realizations:

  1. My computer is cluttered with so many files, pictures, and folders.  I have so many things saved that I don't even know what I have.  It will take me years to go through and purge these files. Why do I save so much? 
  2. Pictures are a problem.  With digitized pictures I seem to keep every single one, not wanting to throw any out.  I have so many pictures- and they are all sentimental to me. I have pictures of all my extended family and ones of my grandparents and great grandparents from years gone by. I love the pictures, but what will happen if my computer crashes?  Should I have them printed?  Should I save them to a cloud drive--and still have my pictures hidden 
  3. My computer has become an important tool/utility in my life.  Not having access to one is difficult.  I rely on it for many things.  
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I solve my computer problems soon 


2 comments:

betty said...

It is amazing how much we depend on computers. I have a program called Dropbox that I can put pictures in. I think if your computer crashes, the pictures will still be in DropBox. It was free to download it and you get so much data from them free without having to purchase more. I've started to go through and delete pictures I don't need that I don't have through DropBox, especially pictures taken for last year's A/Z challenge that I just randomly took.

Hope your computer woes get solved quickly.

betty

Arlee Bird said...

I've run into this problem of excessive files as well. Not wanting to take the time to carefully purge them I just bought a 1 TB external hard drive to transfer the files to. Not sure that's the best solution, but at least when my previous computer did crash, I had my files safe on the external drive.

Someday maybe I can organize it all better and delete the garbage. Someday, maybe.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
A Faraway View