Owning a home has the unfortunate consequence of upkeep. The older the home the more the upkeep there is to do. And unfortunately, every year my home gets a year older.
Here is some of the upkeep that I need to do this year on my home (I am sure I am forgetting some of it)
- clean out the gutters
- re-mulch the mulched areas of yard
- remove and replace bushes/plants that did not make it through the harsh winter
- change the filters in the heater/air conditioner
- shampoo carpets ( replace carpets within a few years)
- inspect roof and make any necessary repairs
- paint inside walls this year or next
Sometimes I wish I could wave my wand and let everything be done.
Or twitch my nose like Samantha.
Then I wake up to reality. And I do the next best thing.
I call my son.
What is your least favorite upkeep chore around the house?