Thursday, April 10, 2014

I is for Iguana














Let me introduce you to Prince, the interesting fellow in the image above. He lives in the classroom of a friend of mine.  Prince has lived among people, specifically children, for most of his life. He is very comfortable with noise, talking, and movement. Prince enjoys being a people watcher. Prince is pretty mellow and has character. He is beloved. I'm told he is about 30 years old which is old even for iguanas in captivity.  

Here are some other facts about iguanas: 
  • In the wild iguanas live about 10 years 
  • Iguanas are herbivores - Prince likes to eat kale, squash, cucumber and the occasional tomato 
  • Iguanas are climbers and left out of his cage, Prince has been found atop tall bookcases 
  • In some countries iguanas are considered invasive species



    I hope that you enjoyed meeting Prince, the iguana! 








    2 comments:

    betty said...

    Visiting from A/Z; Prince is interesting; seems like he has a perfect fit being in the classroom enjoying the sights and sounds of it! I've seen some people walking with their iguanas on their arms; always freaks me out just a bit!

    Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    betty

    Pat Garcia said...

    Hi,

    This story is very nice. I enjoyed reading it because I didn't know anything about iguanas. So I have learned something new.

    Good article, and thank you for visiting my blog. I wish you all the best on the rest of the Challenge.

    Shalom,
    Patricia

    (a visiting blogger from the A to Z Blog Challenge)