This little bunny lives by me. I'll call her Betty. Who knows? She may be related to the Easter Bunny! Betty has left evidence in my yard as she burrows for her home. Little tufts of fur can be seen occasionally floating on the wind or stuck on some nearby weeds. Once when moving some fallen leaves away from my house, a handful of baby bunnies no bigger than my fingers scurried away.
Here are some facts about bunnies:
- More than half the world's population of bunnies live in North America
- A female bunny is called a doe, a male bunny is called a buck
- Baby bunnies are called kits
- A bunny has 28 teeth and those teeth never stop growing
- Bunnies are recognized as symbols of fertility & rebirth and often associated with Easter and spring
Betty and I can peacefully coexist as long as she does not bother me or chew on my plants too much. Bunnies may be cute and cuddly to some, but to me-- the best bunny is a chocolate bunny!
Do you have cute and cuddly creatures living in your yard?