Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Challenge!



Two Writing Teachers are hosting their annual Slice of Life Writing Challenge.   For the month of March we are encouraged to write daily a "slice from our life." 

This year I have decided to take up the challenge and write.  I plan to write daily and hope that I can pull it off.  I know from teaching children to write that it is not easy to pull out your notebook and joy down snippets of life.  It takes practice, determination, and perseverance.   I hope to be diligent enough. 

...and somewhere down deep, I am a little afraid that this might be too big of a step and I might be a failure...  But then my teacher-self steps in to tell me that even if I don't get everyday accomplished, any writing is better than no writing and I will have learned and be better off for doing whatever it is that I do get done...    

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can carry through till the end of the month!   

5 comments:

Ruth Ayres said...

Listen to your teacher-self. It's a wise voice.
Ruth

drferreriblogspot.com said...

I almost didn't do this....because I thought I might fail....and then I realized I was acting just like those students who don't want to take a risk because then might not be good enough...and I realized that we can only grow if we take some risks...I'm keeping my fingers crossed too...some days it's gonna be hard!

Katie said...

There is no failure. Every day that you sit down and write where you otherwise wouldn't have is a success.

Katie
http://coffeefueledmusings.wordpress.com/

Jama said...

Mary, I am right there with you. This is thrilling and scary, but already I am experiencing a benefit. I have always had trouble thinking of things to write, but last night I went to bed thinking of all sorts of possibilities for slices! Thanks for sharing your insecurities. Let's do this!

Ruth said...

Hi Mary! Welcome to the challenge!