The day after Thanksgiving. You know what that means.....Black Friday. Here are my reasons for not participating in this cultural event.
- Long lines - I heard one local store had a line of 1700 people waiting this morning. Crazy!
- Lack of sleep - Why would I want to wake up in the middle of the night to go shopping?
- Crowds - So many people, too much to do, not enough merchandise - enough said.
- Shopping in general - I have never been a "shopper" why start now?
- Crazy- I just have to wonder what the US looks like to the rest of the world. I think we're crazy when I see the reports on the news. I dont need any help on being embarrassed on my own.
- No Christmas list - To be successful on Black Friday you must have a Christmas list. My list is never ready by Thanksgiving Day.
- Sale anger - Whenever I see sales, I always have to wonder about the time I bought things at full price. Usually it is the week before something goes on sale. It makes me angry to think of all the money I really didn't need to pay.
- Stuffed recovery - I am still recovering from too much food on Thanksgiving to navigate crowded aisles.
- Budget constraints - Black Friday = shopping cart full of items = $$$
- Plan B - For those like me who choose to skip Black Friday, there is always Cyber Monday!
Did you make a purchase on Black Friday?