Saturday, July 2, 2011

Looking Forward to a Trip

A lot has happened since I was last here and I promise to blog about it and fill you in, but for now I want to share the topic of the moment -   I am looking forward to a trip that I am going to take in August. 

I have been wanting to take this trip for at least 3 years now, but have made all the excuses:  I haven't got the money.  I haven't got the time.  Next year is better.    I still have the excuses-- I haven't got the money, but what the heck - it's only money.    I haven't really got the time, but there is probably no better time than this summer.  I don't know what next summer will look like.  Or next fall for that matter. 

I am going to go to Greece to visit my relatives and see some of the sights.  My father passed away nearly three years ago and I would really like to go and visit his final resting place.  I would like to go and connect with his wife.  I want to go and see my elderly aunts, uncles, and in-laws.   I want to go and see them all before it is too late.  It is too late to see my dad.   With me will be my daughter and her young man who will soon be a member of our family I hope.   It will be nice to introduce him to our family there and show him that side of our culture.    I am not so sure he will like traveling so closely with his future mom-in-law though!  :) 


No comments: