Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dinner with Family at a Favorite Haunt

  

I went to dinner on New Years Day with my daughter and family. We went to one of my favorite places--Huhot.



Huhot is a Mongolian BBQ place that has been on my favorites list for the last year. You go through a line and choose from a variety of protein, noodles, and vegetables to put in your bowl. Then you ladle on at least 5 -6 dips of sauce--you get to choose the sauce too from oils to creamy concoctions. Then you take it to the cooks who stire-fry it on a huge round grill. Yum! One price lets you keep going for more and I have always gone back for a second plate. I feel stuffed afterwards, but it is oh so good.  I DID NOT get seconds this time--it was difficult, but I am trying to be better about my eating habits.  Check my other blog here that is chronicling that journey.





I passed on having my usual soda and drank coffee instead.  I got a salad, but I only nibbled at the lettuce for a while.



Here is my entree.  It tastes better than it looks.  Hiding under the noodles are my vegetables- cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, and celery.  See?   I am being healthy! 
One important thing is that I did not go back for seconds as I usually do.  And the most important thing was spending time with my family! 
 






No comments: