Saturday, March 28, 2009

21

The number 21 is significant.

* To drink alcohol legally in most areas of the United States, you must be 21 years old.

*Years ago, you had to be 21 to vote. Now they have lowered that age to 18.

* If you are playing BlackJack, you definitely want a 21.

This week I found a new significance about the number 21. I was flipping through the channels with my remote and I landed on the Home Shopping Network. The somewhat famous Dr. Rey, a plastic surgeon from the reality cable TV show Dr. 90210, was promoting his new products -- girdles and shapers.

* The measurement between the jugular to the nipple should be 21 cm. Furthermore, gravity begins to lengthen this measuremenr by the age of 22.

21 cm! That is less than the length of a ruler.

Now I know what you are going to do. Curiosity compelled me to go get my ruler and see what my measurement is and I bet you will do the same. Let me warn you though, if you are over age 22 you may get depressed.

I know I did.

No comments: