As my first grandbaby begins to experience his first Christmas, it brings me back to when my first child ( his mother) had her first Christmas. Nolstalgia time!
Above is a picture of my daughter circa 1976 at her favorite pasttime--playing with presents and ornaments. She is about 7 1/2 months at her first Christmas. Now fast-forward to 2008 and the bottom picture. Here is my first grandson on Santa's lap at his first Christmas. He is about 2 1/2 months.
For more nostalgia, look at the following post with pictures from then and now. All taken at Christmas 1976 or 2008.
- This is a picture of my daughter and my mother. Mom is gone now--watching from above, I'm sure, at her great grandson and his Christmas follies.
- Here is a picture of my daughter and her dad standing by our tree in our little apartment.
- Here is my grandson and his dad--at their favorite place Bass Pro Shops.
- Back to 1976-- daughter and mother by the Christmas tree. I'm not sure why we are wearing bandanas. Must be a fashion trend! At least we match. :) Check out our little TV. That was it.
- Here is my daughter all grown up with her first born. The circle of life continues.
A generation has passed, but it seems like a short time. I guess that is how my parents felt and their parents before them.
Do you have pictures in your photobooks of you and the Christmas tree?